Toronto is home to some of the best hotels in Canada, according to a new report.
The US News & World Report officially unveiled its annual rankings for all things travel, including its annual ranking of hotels across Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean, Europe, and Bermuda.
It utilizes a comprehensive methodology that focuses primarily on three points: reputation among professional travel experts, reviews from guests, and hotel class ratings.
For Canada, keeping trend with last year, British Columbia commanded the list with 11 of the 25 rankings, including the coveted first place spot. But Toronto was still represented in this year’s list.
The Ritz-Carlton came in eighth place, followed by the Four Seasons in ninth. The Hazelton Hotel sits at 12, and Toronto’s Shangri-La made the list at number 22.
This year’s top 25 hotels in Canada, as issued by US News World & Report:
1. Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver
2. Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver
3. Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino
4. Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec
5. Wedgewood Hotel & Spa, Vancouver
6. Fogo Island Inn, Joe Batt’s Arm
7. The Ritz-Carlton, Montréal
8. The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
9. Four Seasons Hotel, Toronto
10. Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
11. Magnolia Hotel & Spa, Victoria
12. The Hazelton Hotel, Toronto
13. Four Seasons Resort and Residences, Whistler
14. Manoir Hovey, Quebec
15. Hôtel William Gray, Montréal
16. Hôtel Le Germain, Québec City
17. Fairmont Chateau, Whistler
18. Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Québec City
19. Oak Bay Beach Hotel, Victoria
20. Loden Hotel, Vancouver
21. Hotel Le St-James, Montréal
22. Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto
23. Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff
24. Hôtel Nelligan, Montréal
25. Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, Brentwood Bay
With files from Emily Rumball