If you’re planning on riding the subway this weekend, you’re going to need to plan accordingly because a portion of Line 1 will be closed.
According to the transit authority, on November 10 and 11, there won’t be service on the portion of Line 1 Yonge-University between Finch West Stations as TTC crews continue to install the Automated Train Control signal system.
The TTC says shuttle buses will run throughout the closure, and customers can board and exit shuttle buses as follows:
- Lawrence West, Wilson, Sheppard West and Finch West: board and exit buses inside the station.
- Yorkdale: TTC will provide a special shuttle bus to accommodate customers travelling to and from Yorkdale Mall. Customers can transfer between the Line 1 shuttle and the Yorkdale express at Lawrence West Station.
- Downsview Park: Shuttle buses will bypass this station. Customers can use 84 Sheppard West, 101 Downsview Park, 106 Sentinel and 108 Driftwood buses instead.
Wheel-Trans service will also be available upon request from any station over the weekend. Customers can speak with a TTC staff member for more information.
- Limited-use, disposable PRESTO tickets to roll out next year
- TTC closing portion of the subway early a few days this week
- Metrolinx unveils plans for brand new 'modern' GO Station in Mimico