TTC increasing service to CNE grounds starting tomorrow
To make it easier for Torontonians get to and from the festivities at the CNE, the TTC is increasing its service to the grounds.
Beginning this Friday, August 16, and running until Monday, September 2, the TTC will be increasing service to and from the CNE grounds.
Several TTC surface routes will have enhanced service, while select others will be changing to accommodate the increased volume of vehicles.
There will also be additional customer service support at high-traffic TTC locations to help direct customers to the most suitable route.
- The most outrageous foods coming to CNE 2019
- There’s an American Ninja Warrior inspired race coming to the CNE
- Don’t miss the giant Food Truck Frenzy happening at the CNE this month
Service changes are as follows:
- Will have increased service and dedicated CNE express buses. Customers can access the regular 29 Dufferin from Wilson Station or the express from Dufferin Station.
- Will run between Broadview Station and Queen Street/Roncesvalles Avenue from 9 am onward, each day, until 10 pm on Monday, Sept. 2.
- This means it will not be stopping at Dufferin Gate Loop after 9 am each day until the end of the CNE.
- Customers who need to connect with King Street can do so via the 29 Dufferin bus, operating out of Dufferin Gate Loop.
- Will have additional, frequent streetcar service between Union Station and Exhibition Loop.
- Will run between Spadina Station and Spadina Avenue/Queen’s Quay between 9 am and 7 pm daily.
- Customers who need to connect to Union Station during those times can take advantage of the more frequent 509 service which also stops at Spadina Avenue/Queen’s Quay.
- Will have additional, frequent streetcar service between Bathurst Station and Exhibition Loop.
This Saturday, the TTC is also offering free transit to Canadian veterans of war and peacekeeping missions, along with one companion, to commemorate the 98th Annual CNE Warriors’ Day.
Veterans and peacekeepers will be asked to show their service medals/ribbons to receive free TTC service.