This weekly round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurants and bars plus incoming establishments that you should be on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants opening in Toronto right now:
- Aburi Room, a new spot for pressed and torched sushi is newly open at 16 Park Home Avenue in North York.
- Core Restaurant at 896 Queen Street East in Leslieville is now open. On the opening menu, Scallop Crudo, Ricotta Gnocchi, and more seasonally-driven Canadian fare.
- Khau Gully a new Indian restobar is open for business at 1991 Yonge Street south of Eglinton.
- You can now eat Momofuku at the mall! Saks Food Hall by Pusateri’s at the CF Eaton Centre is open for business.
- Bakery and dessert house Sweet A La Mode is now open at 90 Weston Road, Unit J107 and serving up cake by the slice, cream puffs, and more!
- Zezafoun Syrian Cuisine is newly opened at 4 Manor Road East near Mount Pleasant and Davisville.
- Signs in the window indicate that Black Jack BBQ is soon to replace the Loaded Pierogi at 1044 Gerrard Street East.
- Block8Kitchen at 384 Bloor Street West is bringing a “curated selection of some of Toronto’s favourite eats, organics and edible products.”
- City Betty billed as a “Bicoastal kitchen” is bringing “healthy, farm-to-table *but not too granola” food to 1352 Danforth Avenue this spring.
- EAT BKK Thai Kitchen & Bar is coming soon to 6307 Yonge Street at Steeles. Once open look forward to a menu featuring Kraprow Duck Fat Fries, Tom Yum Hot Pot, and KFC (Krugthep Fried Chicken).
- Good Things are coming soon to 235 Broadview Avenue. No, really, that’s the name of this new cafe and juice bar.
- HK waffle shop Golden Bubbles from Ottawa’s Byward market is expanding into the GTA with locations going in at 3276 Midland Avenue in Scarborough and 11000 Yonge Street in Richmond Hill.
- There's a new cafe and pub in Hamilton that lets you bring your dog
- This incoming Toronto cafe is a first for Japanese soufflé pancakes
- The 11 most anticipated restaurant openings in Toronto for Spring 2018