The University of Toronto has taken top marks in the annual Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings.
This year, the University of Toronto earned the highest spot out of the three Canadian universities to make the list, tying for 22nd with Switzerland’s ETH Zurich.
U of T’s ranking improved slightly from last year when it placed 24th on the list.
The report is the “world’s largest invitation-only opinion survey of senior, published academics. It asks scholars to name no more than 15 universities that they believe are the best for research and teaching in their field, based on their own experience.”
The survey was conducted between January and March 2018. The results were released on May 30.
Harvard University taking the top spot for the eighth consecutive year, while the US is home to 43 other institutions making the top 100.
The Top 25 World Reputation Ranking According to Times:
- Harvard University, US
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US
- Stanford University, US
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- University of California, Berkely, US
- Princeton University, US
- Yale University, US
- University of California, Los Angeles, US
- University of Chicago, US (tied for 9th)
- California Institute of Technology, US
- Columbia University, US
- The University of Tokyo, JP
- Tsinghua University, CN
- Univerity of Michigan, US
- University of Pennsylvania, US
- Peking University, CN
- Cornell University, US
- UCL, UK
- Imperial College London, UK
- Johns Hopkins University, US
- ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, ZH
- University of Toronto, CA (tied for 22)
- National University of Singapore, SG
- London School of Economics and Political Science, UK