A Toronto teacher has been arrested and charged with the sexual assault of a child.
According to the Toronto Police Service, members from its Sex Crimes – Child & Youth Advocacy Centre arrested 43-year-old Taher Saifuddin after they allege he sexually assaulted a child.
On Tuesday, July 7, the TPS say a man contacted a boy. The pair communicated both in-person and on telecommunications devices through social media, and the man sexually assaulted the child.
- See also:
Since his arrest, Saifuddin has been charged with Sexual Assault, Sexual Exploitation, Luring a Child under the age of 18 years, and Make sexually explicit material available to a person under the age of 18.
He will appear again in court on Friday, September 11.
Police are concerned there may be other victims and, in a release, the nine following schools that Saifuddin worked at have been identified:
- Royal Crown Academy School between August 2019 and May 29, 2020
- Yorkville High School between August 2019 and September 2019
- Westfield Secondary School between February 2019 and June 2019
- Progressive Training College of Business between February 12, 2019, and February 22, 2019
- Bond International College between September 2018 and January 2019
- Madinatul Uloom Academy between September 2017 to June 2018
- Merit Education between June 2016 and July 2016 and July 2017 and August 2017
- Yorkville International Academy between October 2016 and June 2017
- Hanson International Academy between January 2015 and April 2015
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2922, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or online.
According to police, sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. This includes kissing, grabbing, oral sex, and penetration.