Major road closures in Toronto this weekend: November 25 to 26
It’s another busy weekend in Toronto, and with that comes plenty of road closures.
For starters, the 51st annual Cavalcade of Lights will be taking over Nathan Phillips Square in addition to a number of festivals and other special events throughout the downtown core causing a number of road closures.
The is also going to be a significant amount of road work taking place in the city over the weekend. People are encouraged to take public transit as a greener, faster and more affordable way of getting to their destinations.
Here’s what streets are going to be closed this weekend.
Cavalcade of Lights
When: Saturday, November 25 from 4 pm to 11:30 p.m
- Bay Street from Dundas Street to Richmond Street West
- Queen Street West from University Avenue to Yonge Street
- York Street from Queen Street West to Richmond Street West
- Elizabeth Street from Foster Place to Hagerman Street
- Hagerman Street from Elizabeth Street to Bay Street
KidzFest at Yonge-Dundas Square
When: Saturday, November 25, 6 am to midnight
- Dundas Square from Yonge Street to O’Keefe Lane
Cabbagetown BIA Holiday Kickoff
When: Saturday, November 25, 11 am to 3 pm
- Carlton Street from Parliament Street to Exchange Lane
Weston BIA Santa Claus Parade
When: Sunday, November 26, noon to 2 pm
- Weston Road from Street Phillips Road to Church Street
TTC Subway Closure
This weekend, from November 25 to 26, TTC crews will continue work to replace special track and switches just south of Eglinton Station. This will result in a portion of Line 1-Yonge University between St Clair and Lawrence stations to close.