It’s going to be another busy weekend in Toronto.
This weekend, the 25th annual Taste of the Danforth, which is also known for being Canada’s largest street festival, will be taking over Toronto’s Greektown from Friday to Sunday causing various road closures.
When planning out your weekend, keep in mind that there’s a subway line closure scheduled in addition to a number of road closures throughout the city for various events.
Taste of the Danforth
This weekend, the street festival will cause the following road closures:
- Logan Avenue from Danforth Avenue to the south side of the laneway north of Danforth Avenue will be closed in both directions from Thursday, August 9 at 3 pm to Monday, August 13 at 4 am.
- Danforth Avenue from Broadview Avenue to Jones Avenue will be closed in both directions from Friday, August 10 at 10 am to Monday, August 13 at 4 am.
- Pape Avenue from Lipton Avenue to Hazelwood Avenue will be closed in both directions from Friday, August 10 at 6 pm to Monday, August 13 at 4 am.
Feast of St. Lawrence
Taking place on Friday, August 10 and Saturday, August 11, Feast of St. Lawrence will cause the following road closures:
- Front Street East from Scott Street to Church Street will be fully closed from Friday, August 10 at 9 am to Saturday, August 11 at 2 am.
- Market Street from Front Street East to Wilton Street will be closed on Saturday, August 11 from 4 am to midnight.
Lake Shore Boulevard, King Street or Adelaide Street will be alternatives for motorists.