Choosing the right location to live as a student can be just as stressful as studying for finals.
To make things easier, QS has just released its list of the top student cities, and Toronto is one of the top picks.
According to QS, Toronto placed 11 out of 120 cities.
QS scored cities based on the number and performance of their universities, how many employers are actively hiring, affordability, desirability, quality of life, and diversity of the student body.
Feedback from over 87,000 current and prospective international students was also factored into the results.
Each of the categories scored out of 100 and the totals were added for a final score out of 600.
Toront0 scored a total of 450 points. Here’s the breakdown:
- 91 / 100 for Student view
- 54 / 100 for Rankings
- 90 / 100 for Student Mix
- 99 / 100 for Desirability
- 78 / 100 for Employer activity
- 39 / 100 for Affordability
- Toronto named the second most expensive city according to global survey
- Toronto ranked as the top city Canadians want to move to
- Toronto ranked best city in Canada to find love
London, Tokyo, and Melbourne placed in the top three spots, respectively. Toronto was the second Canadian city as it placed behind Montreal (6) and ahead of Vancouver (16).
Here’s how QS Best Student Cities top 20 list rounded out:
- Hong Kong
- New York