Pups aren’t the only pets that like to play in Toronto, and this September there’s a social event of the season for a different sort of furry friend: the fourth annual, Toronto Pignic.
Yes, a picnic for Guinea Pigs, owners, and enthusiasts is taking place at Greenwood Park this September.
- Dogs will be allowed to swim in public pools across Toronto this weekend
- Canadian service dogs watch Billy Elliot the Musical as part of training
- Great white spotted in the Gulf of the St. Lawrence in Quebec
So, what should one expect at the Toronto Pignic?
- Piggie Paparazzi –apparently that’s a thing!
- The Piggy Pageant Contest
- Exclusive PetSmart Booth for all your Guinea Pig essentials
- A PetSmart Halloween costume try-on station
- A mini-market
- Prizes, giveaways, and a swag bag upon registration
- Exotic breed guinea pigs
While admission to the event is free, attendees will have the opportunity to donate upon entry with all proceeds from the day go directly to Helping Homeless Pets and Piggles Cares (formerly known as Piggles Rescue).
When: September 22
Time: 11 am to 4 pm
Where: Greenwood Park, 150 Greenwood Ave, Toronto
Price: Admission is free.