Winter is coming.
Which means that flu season is here and ready to make your life miserable.
While eating fruits and veggies and stocking up on vitamins are key for beating the bug, getting the flu shot may be your best bet to avoid getting the flu altogether this year.
Luckily for Torontonians, Toronto Public Health will be offering FREE flu vaccinations at various locations throughout the city starting Friday, October 26.
Free flu vaccination locations:
- Friday, October 26: Toronto Reference Library – 789 Yonge Street, 1 pm to 6 pm
- Saturday, October 27: Centerpoint Mall – 6464 Yonge Street, 11 am to 5 pm
- Thursday, November 1: East York Town Centre, 45 Overlea Blvd, 2:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Saturday, November 24: Etobicoke Civic Centre – 399 The West Mall, 11 am to 5 pm
To make an appointment, all you need to do is either login or create an account first on the Toronto Public Health website. You can then view the available time slots and book accordingly.
The premium high-dose flu vaccine for adults, 65 and older are free. High-dose flu vaccine is also available at doctors’ offices and walk-in clinics. For children ages 2 to 17, there is a choice of two flu vaccines.
- Senate passes bill that would ban keeping whales and dolphins in captivity
- Canadian rapper dies after falling from wing of plane in BC
- Razor blade found in chocolate bar sold at Toronto Dollarama location