Toronto police are informing the public of an arrest and the seizure of a loaded gun.
According to police, on Saturday, July 14, around 2 am, officers were called by employees of the TTC to investigate a 17-year-old boy on TTC property.
Police say that officers attended the Jane Street and Trethewey Drive area and entered a TTC bus and interacted with the boy.
Upon further investigation, officers discovered the boy was in possession of a loaded .40 calibre firearm.
The teen was arrested at the scene and is now facing 13 charges including:
1) Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
2) Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
3) Unauthorized possession of a firearm
4) Careless storage of a firearm
5) Unauthorized possession of a restricted weapon
6) Possession of a firearm obtained by crime
7) Possession of a loaded firearm
8) Possession of a prohibited device knowing its possession is unauthorized
9) Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device in a motor vehicle
10) Possession of a firearm contrary to a prohibition order
11) Possession of ammunition contrary to a prohibition order
12) Two counts of failure to comply probation
The boy cannot be identified under the terms of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
He was scheduled to appear in court on Saturday.