It’s time to get into the festive spirit because the ultimate Christmas event is heading to Toronto.
The Aurora Winter Festival is five-week holiday extravaganza coming to Toronto this Thursday. And we’re giving you the chance to win an epic $1000 staycation from Aurora Winter Festival and Hotel X.
For the first time ever, Aurora Winter Festival will transform Toronto’s Ontario Place from November 29 to December 30 into a hidden village with enchanting elements inspired by the North Pole including magical characters, captivating light displays, endless fun, games and activities.
View this post on Instagram
“We are thrilled to bring the Aurora Winter Festival to Toronto and are looking forward to providing people with an unforgettable holiday experience,” says Scott Emslie, Festival Producer.
Upon entering the Aurora Winter Festival, guests will explore four Mystical Worlds inspired by the North Pole, each region bursting with sensory experiences, impressive set designs, sculptures over 20-ft tall, and custom light displays.
The Mystical Worlds are home to a number of magical characters including Thyra, Queen of the Ice Elves, who resides in an impressive castle, Rivera and Zaos, both ice elves sworn to protect the Mystical Worlds, Yin the Yeti Prince, who loves to have fun and is a big fan of disco, and of course, Santa and his team of elves.
Other attractions include:
- Light Dome — 50′ LED dome displaying the Aurora Borealis
- A Frozen Pond — An outdoor skating rink amid the Aurora Borealis lights
- Santa’s Workshop — A chance for kids to meet Santa Claus and explore craft stations with the elves
- Rides — There will be a selection of rides for all ages on site including a Ferris wheel, carousel, and train
- Tube Park — Will include a large 170-ft slide with artificial snow
- Entertainment Tent — Large heated tent to eat, drink, sing, and be merry
- Food Garden — Will include over 12 of Toronto’s best food trucks and vendors
- Main Street — Outdoor huts with over 50 holiday-inspired market vendors
Additionally, through a convenient smartphone app, guests will be invited to join the Mystical Worlds Quest, offering exclusive opportunities and prizes. The app will also feature a comprehensive map, merchandise store and background on festival characters.
How to get tickets for Toronto’s magical new winter festival:
General tickets are available on the Aurora Winter Festival website.
Tickets start at $14.99 for children (4 to 12) and seniors (64+) and are $19.99 for general admission (13 to 64). Children from ages one to three can attend for free.
When: November 29 to December 30
Where: Ontario Place, East Island
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of the Aurora Winter Festival.
- Win an epic $1000 staycation from Hotel X and Aurora Winter Festival (CONTEST)
- Toronto is getting a MASSIVE new winter festival inspired by the North Pole