This Thursday, the 44th annual Toronto International Film Festival kicks off, bringing the biggest names in Hollywood to the city.
The annual festival will be taking place at various locations throughout the downtown core from Thursday, September 5 through Sunday, September 15, and as a result, there will be a number of road closures to prepare for.
This includes a complete road closure during Festival Street, which runs from September 5 through 8, from 10 am until midnight each day.
The road closures will start this Thursday at 10 am, to Monday at 6 am, on King Street West, from Peter Street to University Avenue.
- All the A-list celebrities to spot in Toronto during TIFF this year
- TIFF 2019: The best places to spot the stars in Toronto
- 10 films we’re excited to see at TIFF this year
The following streets will also be fully closed during this time:
- John Street between King Street West and Wellington Street West
- Ed Mirvish Way between King Street West and Pearl Street
- Simcoe Street between Wellington Street West and Pearl Street
Eastbound lanes on King Street West between Spadina Avenue and Peter Street will also be closed, and westbound lanes on King Street West between York Street and University Avenue will be closed.
#TIFF19 Reminder: King between Peter and University will be closed Sept 5 at 5am to Sept 9 at 5am. John & Simcoe will also be closed between King & Wellington/Pearl. @TTChelps route diversion map during @TIFF_NET: https://t.co/XF14cHzYI8
— TO Transportation (@TO_Transport) August 29, 2019
The road closure will result in service adjustments to the 504A King and 504B King, 508 Lake Shore (service starting September 3) and 304 King (night) routes.
504A King service will operate as a split route:
- 504A King (west end): via Spadina Avenue, Queen Street West, Church Street, King Street East, York Street, Queen Street West, Spadina Avenue to the route.
- 504A King (east end): from Distillery Loop, Cherry/Sumach Street, King Street East, York Street, Queen Street West, Church Street, King Street East, Sumach/Cherry Street to Distillery Loop.
504B King route will operate in the east, turning back via York Street, Queen Street West and Church Street.
508 Lake Shore (service starting September 3) streetcars will be diverted as follows:
- The route will turn back via Queen Street East, Church Street, Richmond Street East and Victoria Street.
304 King streetcars will be diverted as follows:
- Eastbound via Spadina Avenue, Queen Street West, Church Street, King Street East to the route.
- Westbound via York Street, Queen Street West, Spadina Avenue to route.
304 King shuttle bus (from 2 am to 6 am) route will operate from Bathurst Street and Wolseley Avenue to Front Street East and Parliament Street.
- Eastbound via Bathurst Street, King Street West, Adelaide Street West, University Avenue to King Street West.
- Westbound via King Street East, University Avenue, Richmond Street West, Spadina Avenue, Bathurst Street.
Additionally, due to red carpet events on King Street West, service diversions will apply intermittently on Monday, September 9, and Tuesday, September 10, from 3:30 pm to 6:15 pm and 7 pm to 9:30 pm.