Ontario strawberry season is a very good reason to celebrate.
While Toronto’s last remaining pick-your-own berry farm will close at the end of this year, there are other places to celebrate the onset of berry season in The 6ix.
Now in its fifth year, the Baby Point Gates Strawberry Festival is a charity event benefiting SickKids, that will surely satisfy seasonal cravings. Held on Saturday, June 17, the outdoor festival will bring together 17 local merchants to each serve up strawberry-centric treats for a $2 donation.
Look forward to $2 treats including:
- Succulent Strawberry Tart from Patisserie 27
- Sassy Strawberry Shortcake from Queen Margherita Pizza
- Superb Strawberry Yogurt Parfait from Annie’s Cuisine
- Sparkling Iced Strawberry Tea from Panacea Massage
- Saucy Strawberry Ice Cream Sundae from Woody’s Burger & Grill
- Sweet Strawberry Loaf Cake from Hammerich Chiropractic Clinic
- Sublime Chocolate Dipped Strawberries from Coco Crafted Organic Chocolates
- Sinful Strawberry Cheesecake from Our Farm Organic Bakery
- Tasty Truffles with Strawberry Balsamic Butter Ganache from Choko Art Chocolates
- Satiny Strawberry & Cream from Los Arrieros
- Surprise Strawberry Cricket Donut from Golden Gecko Coffee
- Scrumptious Strawberry Cookies from Art Works Art School
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries from The Village Dentist
- Silky Strawberry Candies from Repeat Boutique
- Smooth Strawberry Juice from Yoga Grove
Aside from the sweet selection of strawberry infused eats. Look forward to family friendly entertainment including a bouncy castle, small animal petting zoo, children’s face painting, and roaming musicians.
When: June 17
Where: Baby Point Gates Gardens, Jane Street and Metheun Avenue, Toronto
Price: Admission is free.