Family Day in Toronto means there’s a whole extra day of sleeping in this weekend, indulging in late-morning eggs and bacon, and overall just taking it easy.
Oh yeah, it also means spending quality time with your loved ones.
Regardless of who you plan on spending the upcoming long weekend with, this guide will come in handy should you run out of milk, or choose to leave the house for any other reason on the stat holiday.
Here’s what’s open — and what’s not — on Monday, February 17:
The TTC will operate on holiday service with subway — and most other — routes starting at 6 am. Any routes that do not normally operate on Sundays will not operate on Family Day.
- See also:
- Museum of Illusions (132 Front Street East): 10 am to 8 pm
- Art Gallery of Ontario (317 Dundas Street West): 10:30 am to 4 pm
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Road): 10 am to 5 pm
- CN Tower (301 Front Street West): 9 am to 10:30 pm
- Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue): 10 am to 5 pm
- Hockey Hall of Fame (30 Yonge Street): 10 am to 5 pm
- The Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen’s Park): 10 am to 5:30 pm
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Boulevard): open 9 am to 11 pm
- The Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Road): 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Many movie theatres across the city will be open. Check out your nearest theatre’s website for showtimes.
While many will be closed on Family Day, these grocery stores will be open:
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street): 8 am to 8 pm
- Rabba (various locations): open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont Street): open 24 hours
- The Kitchen Table (various locations): Call your nearest location for hours.
- Pusateri’s (Saks Food Hall, 176 Yonge Street) 11 am to 7 pm; (57 Yorkville Avenue): 9 am to 6 pm; (1539 Avenue Road) 8 am to 6 pm
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge Street): 24 hours; (865 York Mills Road) 7 am to midnight; (558 Yonge Street) 8 am to 11 pm; (351 Bloor Street) 7 am to midnight
- All LCBO stores will be closed on Family Day. However, where permitted by local municipalities, some LCBO Convenience Outlets may be open for regular hours.
- Some local craft breweries will be open, but calling ahead is advised.
- The Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East, Markham): 11 am to 8 pm
- The Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street): 11 am to 7 pm
- Square One (100 City Centre Drive, Mississauga): 11 am to 6 pm
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Avenue West, Halton Hills): 9:30 am to 7 pm
- Bramalea City Centre (25 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton): 11 am to 6 pm