Family Day in Toronto means there’s a whole extra day of sleeping-in and/or rafting this weekend.
This guide will come in handy should you run out of eggs or choose to leave the house (after all, it is going to be quite nice out) on the stat holiday: Monday, February 19, 2018.
TTC will operate on holiday service with subway and most routes starting at 6 am. Any routes that do not normally operate on Sundays, will not operate on Family Day.
- Art Gallery of Ontario (317 Dundas Street West): 10:30 am to 4 pm
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Road): 10 am to 5 pm
- CN Tower (301 Front Street West): 9 am to 10:30 pm
- Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue): Brewer’s Backyard returns for Family Day, 11 am to 5 pm
- Hockey Hall of Fame (30 Yonge Street): 10 am to 5 pm
- The Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen’s Park): 10 am to 5:30 pm
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Boulevard): open 9 am to 11 pm
- The Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Road): 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Movie theatres across the city will be open. Check your local listings for show times.
While many will be closed on Family Day these grocery stores will be open:
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street): 10 am to 6 pm
- Metro (444 Yonge Street): open 24 hours
- Rabba (various locations): open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont Street): open 24 hours
- Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor Street West): open 24 hours
- The Kitchen Table (various locations): Call your nearest location for hours.
- T&T Supermarket (222 Cherry Street): 9 am to 10 pm; (7070 Warden Avenue, Markham) 9 am to midnight; (9255 Woodbine Avenue) 9 am to 10 pm
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Road): 10 am to 6 pm; (4771 Yonge Street) closed; (1860 Bayview Avenue) closed
- Pusateri’s (57 Yorkville Avenue): 7:30 am to 5 pm; (2901 Bayview Avenue) closed; (1539 Avenue Road) 8 am to 6 pm; (Saks Food Hall, 25 The West Mall) closed; (Saks Food Hall, 176 Yonge Street) 11 am to 7 pm
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge Street): 24 hours; (865 York Mills Road) 7 am to midnight; (558 Yonge Street) 7 am to midnight; (351 Bloor Street) 7 am to midnight
- Bloor Street Market (55 Bloor Street West): 11 am to 6 pm
LCBO & Beer Stores
- All LCBO and Beer Stores will be closed on Family Day, Sunday, January 1
- Many local craft breweries will be open, but calling ahead is advised.
- The Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East, Markham): 11 am to 8 pm
- The Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street): 11 am to 7 pm
- Square One (100 City Centre Drive, Mississauga): 11 am to 6 pm
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Avenue West, Halton Hills): 9:30 am to 7 pm
- Bramalea City Centre (25 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton): 11 am to 6 pm