Good Friday in Toronto is a statutory holiday and per usual government offices including Canada Post offices and City Hall will be closed along with banks and libraries.
See what else is open and closed on Good Friday in Toronto:
TTC will operate on holiday service with subway and most routes starting at 6 am. Any routes that do not normally operate on Sundays, will not operate on Good Friday.
- 12 must try fish and chips in Toronto
- 15 Easter eggs, bunnies, and baked goods in Toronto
- Where to eat brunch in Toronto over the Easter long weekend
- Movie theatres across the city will be open. Check your local listings for show times.
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Road): 10 am to 5 pm
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Boulevard): open 9 am to 11 pm
- The Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen’s Park, Toronto): 10 am to 5:30 pm
- The Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Road): 9:30 am to 6 pm
While many will be closed on Good Friday these grocery stores will be open.
- Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor Street West): open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont Street): open 24 hours
- Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West): 6 am to midnight; (389 Spadina Road) – 7 am to midnight; (595 Bay Street): 8 am to 10 pm; (705 King St. West): 6 am to 2 am
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street): 10 am to 7 pm
- Pusateri’s (CF Toronto Eaton Centre, 176 Yonge St., Toronto): 10 am to 6 pm; (57 Yorkville Ave., Toronto), 8 am to 6:30 pm; (Bayview Village, 2901 Bayview Ave., Toronto): 9 am to 6 pm; (1539 Avenue Rd., Toronto): 8 am to 6:30 pm
- Rabba Fine Food (various locations): open 24 hours
- SanRemo (374 Royal York Road, Toronto): 8 am to 5 pm
- T&T (222 Cherry Street, Toronto): 9 am to 6 pm; (7070 Warden Avenue): 8 am to midnight; (9255 Woodbine Ave.) 9 am to midnight; (1 Promenade Circle) 9 am to 10 pm; (8339 Kennedy Rd., Markham) 9 am to 11 pm
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Road, Toronto): 10 am to 6 pm
LCBO & Beer Stores
- All LCBO and Beer Stores will be closed on Good Friday.
- Many local craft breweries will be open, but calling ahead is advised.