It’s been an issue on many shoppers’ minds, the lack of toilet paper.
And Premier Doug Ford addressed the TP situation in Ontario during his press conference on Wednesday afternoon.
Ford said there is plenty of supply.
“Nothing seems to panic people more than going to the grocery store and seeing empty shelves,” he said, adding “I still can’t get my head around this toilet paper situation.”
Ford said he spoke with a local toilet manufacturer and there is plenty of supply.
Even before Ford declared a state of emergency in the province, Ontario had asked residents to practice “normal grocery buying habits,” after a panic-buying frenzy last week.
- See also:
At grocery stores in Toronto, and all over Ontario, toilet paper, hand sanitizers, and dried food were nearly wiped out. But according to Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health and Ernie Hardeman, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, food supply is “robust.”
“Ontarians can be confident that our food supply is robust and that our distribution system will continue to operate and remain responsive to the needs of Ontarians. Rest assured, we have plenty of food that will continue to reach grocery stores on a regular basis,” read the province’s statement from March 14.
“Our food supply chain is one of the strongest in the world and our government remains committed to ensuring Ontarians can access healthy and nutritious Ontario-produced foods.”
Additionally, the province is asking residents to “please practice normal grocery buying habits and rest assured that our grocery production and supply chain will continue to provide Ontarians with the food we enjoy each and every day.”