A male worker has been seriously injured by a piece of equipment at Toronto Pearson Airport.
According to Peel Regional Police, they received the industrial accident call at 10:41 am on Monday.
- Ford government moving forward with controversial municipal funding cuts
- Canada’s new air passenger regulations officially kick in today
At the time of the incident, police say the man was conscious and breathing, and was being extracted.
– Call received 10:41 a.m.
– Adult male has been seriously injured by a piece of equipment.
– Male is conscious and breathing.
– Fire is attempting to extract the male.
– 19-0303997 pic.twitter.com/QvhxbWJrlE
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) August 19, 2019
The injured worker is in serious but non-life threatening condition at this time.
GTAA (Greater Toronto Airports Authority) confirmed to Daily Hive that an incident requiring an emergency response occurred this morning, but did not provide any further details as the investigation is ongoing.
Police say the Ministry of Labour will be investigating.