FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Thu, November 30, 12:00pm
Immersive holiday pop-up ‘Share Joy by Gay Lea’ returns to Toronto for 2023 Holiday season, FREE to attend
Pups aren’t the only pets that like to play in Toronto, this Saturday is the social event of the season for a different sort of furry friend: the second annual, Toronto Pignic.
Yes, a picnic for Guinea Pigs, owners, and enthusiasts is taking place at Greenwood Park this weekend.
In an email to Daily Hive, event organizer Olivia Pudney writes that “Last year was ‘surprisingly’ a huge success.. who would of (sic) thought there were so many Guinea Pig lovers :)”
So what should one expect at a Pignic?
- Communal Guinea Pig Pens (M&F)
- Piggie Pageants
- Piggie Paparazzi –apparently that’s a thing!
- Contests and Giveaways
- Piggles Rescue
- Mini market –we’re envisioning mini burritos for sale (obviously)
When: September 16, 11 am to 4 pm
Where: Greenwood Park, 150 Greenwood Ave, Toronto
Price: Admission is free.
- Toronto dogs make a splash at public pools over the weekend (PHOTOS)
- This Canadian startup lets dog lovers borrow a dog
- Canadian man builds epic snow maze for his dog (VIDEO)