Ontario Premier Doug Ford is expected to share more details on the next stage of reopening the economy on Monday afternoon.
Last week, the premier said that more details would be shared at the start of this week.
On Friday, during his daily press conference, Ford emphasized that Stage 2 (of Phase 2) will “not begin immediately.”
“We will be giving notices to businesses to start to get ready and introduce a phased plan for reopening childcare safely and gradually so we can support parents as they return to work,” Ford said.
- See also:
He added that he knows the people of Ontario have been “very patient” in regards to the economy reopening.
Ford also said that as much as Stage 2 will be focused on people getting back to work, the province will also focus on ways of getting life “back to normal” for the summer even if it will look “a little different.”
Ontario is currently in Stage 1 of reopening the economy— there are three stages in Phase 2, which is focused on restarting the economy in a phased and gradual approach.
In Stage 1, which began on May 19, select workplaces and outdoor recreational activities reopened.
In Stage 2, more workplaces could be allowed to reopen as well as more outdoor activities and larger gatherings.
Ford will give his announcement on Monday, June 8 at 1:00 pm at Queens Park.
He will be joined by Health Minister Christine Elliott, Finance Minister Rod Phillips, Economic Minister Vic Fedeli, and Labour Minister Monte McNaughton.