Ding Ding, the small poodle that was allegedly stolen during a robbery in Scarborough, has been found safe, according to police.
- Canadian video game streamer under fire for throwing cat while playing
- Rabbit rescued by local group after being shot with a bolt
- Great white shark spotted in the Gulf of St. Lawrence in Quebec
The Toronto Police Service said the dog was located “safe and sound” but the force would not be providing any additional details at this time.
“Thank you for all of your help and concern,” a message on Twitter reads.
The robbery happened near McCowan Road and Finch Avenue East, and officers tweeted that about responding to the “street robbery” at 12:15 am on Wednesday morning.
Person w a knife:
McCowan Rd/ Finch Ave E
– reportedly a street robbery
– 3 male suspects, 1 with a knife, stole man’s cell phone and dog
– small poodle
– suspects…2 males/black wearing dark clothing and 1 male/ white wearing red t-shirt@TPS42Div #GO1387550
— Toronto Police OPS (@TPSOperations) July 24, 2019
Police said that three male suspects, one of which had a knife, allegedly approached a man, and stole his cell phone and small dog.
Law enforcement described two of the suspects as black and said they were seen wearing dark clothing, and the third suspect is described as caucasian and was seen wearing red.