44,000 square feet of amusement games, eating, and drinking are coming soon to Mississauga.
The Rec Room from Cineplex already boasts one location in Edmonton and another is well under construction at Toronto’s iconic Roundhouse Park. Now, the chain of theatres-turned-entertainment juggernaut has announced that a second “hot-spot for eats and entertainment” is also going in at Square One Shopping Centre.
Designed to incorporate dining, amusement gaming, technology and live entertainment experiences all under one roof, the new addition to the Mississauga mall will include:
- Three10, named for Canada’s three territories and 10 provinces, this restaurant concept will offer wood-fired pizza and Canadian-inspired cuisine.
- The Shed, a quick service destination equipped with a poutinerie and a custom donut bar called The Pumps.
- A bar where the game is always screening on huge HD screens and over 20 draught beers are always cold. This in addition to multiple bars throughout The Rec Room.
- The Yard, a massive arcade featuring over 100 amusement games. Here, credits are earned on RFID wristbands and can be redeemed at The Trophy Case for prizes.
- Virtual reality, race car simulators, bowling lanes, air hockey, pool and ping pong.
- Multiple performance spaces offering both live and programmed entertainment.
- Multiple private dining rooms fit for celebrations, corporate events and parties.
According to a news release, “Cineplex plans to open between 10 to 15 new locations of The Rec Room over the coming years, each ranging in size from 40,000 to 60,000 square feet and customized to the individual community. The massive, often two-storey entertainment complexes will see approximately half of the space devoted to dining and live entertainment and the other half devoted to amusement games and feature attractions.”
The Rec Room