Spring training doesn’t start for three more months, but that doesn’t mean the Toronto Blue Jays are taking the winter off.
The Jays announced plans for Winter Fest, a brand new event that will take place at Rogers Centre on January 20.
“The brand new, one-day event will offer fans access to their home team like never before, featuring some player, prospects and alumni appearances, front office and coaching staff, interactive experiences, live entertainment, baseball-themed games and activations, exclusive ballpark tours and more,” the Blue Jays announced.
Sounds like fun.
There’s going to be activities for fans of all ages, including the following:
- Appearances by some current players, prospects and alumni
- Guest appearances by Sportsnet personalities
- Ballpark tours, including clubhouse, media/radio rooms, control room, and TV production
- Winter hat giveaway upon entrance for first 15,000 fans
- Spring training activities, including catch and throw area
- Jr. Jays Park with face painters, airbrush artists, inflatables, games
- Jays Care Foundation garage sale
- Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame memorabilia exhibit
- Appearances and photo opportunities with ACE & Junior
- Grounds crew exhibit
- Blue Jays Baseball Academy instruction in the batting tunnel
- Gaming room & virtual reality activities
- On-stage entertainment
While the event doesn’t start for a couple of months, you’ll need to buy a ticket for access soon – particularly if you have your heart set on getting some autographs.
Tickets for the event go on sale Monday at 10 am ET. If you want a ticket to one of the eight autograph sessions with players, prospects, and alumni, you’ll need to purchase your Winter Fest ticket the day they go on sale (before 10 pm) for a cost of a $5 donation to Jays Care Foundation. Autograph session tickets are more limited, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
There’s still a number of details yet to be announced, including which players will be attending, but this promises to be a pretty cool event for Blue Jays fans.
When: January 20, 10 am to 6 pm
Where: Rogers Centre, 1 Blue Jays Way
Price: $20 for adults, $5 for youth (2-14) and seniors (65+); $5 for autograph session tickets