The annual Ocean Wise National Chowder Chowdown Festival has officially returned to cities across Canada this month, and that means from now until February 28, folks across the country can get in on some deliciousness.
This year, chowder lovers from Prince Rupert, BC, to Summerville, Nova Scotia, can get a taste of the grub featured in this now-national sustainable seafood fundraiser for the Ocean Wise Seafood program.
The celebration of all things sustainable seafood chowder is doing things a little differently this year to ensure it is COVID-19 friendly in all aspects.
Patrons can head to participating restaurants and locations near them to purchase some chowder (or order takeout/delivery where available). A portion of the proceeds from each bowl will go towards supporting the not-for-profit program.
“COVID-19 has impacted so many people and businesses, including the Ocean Wise Seafood program and our partners,” said Sophika Kostyniuk, director of Fisheries and Seafood at Ocean Wise Conservation Association.
“With the new National Chowder Chowdown Festival format we hope to be able to support our partners while also generating the much-needed funds to keep the Ocean Wise Seafood program going strong.”
Each as delectable as the next, whichever catches your eye, you won’t regret diving into!
Here are the participating restaurants where you can get some grub as a part of the Chowder Chowdown Festival in Toronto and the GTA.
- COAST by MDP, Chef Matt Dean Pettit – “COAST by MDP Ocean Wise Chowder” (Toronto, Ontario)
- Coast Cafe Bar, Chef Eduardo De Berardinis – “The Coast ‘ciao ciao’ Chowder” (Toronto, Ontario)
- De la Mer, David Owen – “C6- Coast to Coast Clam, Crab and Smoked Corn Chowder” (4 locations across Toronto, Ontario)
- Fresh City Farms, Chef Loraine Hawley – “Ocean Wise Seafood Chowder” (Toronto, Ontario)
- Holt’s Cafe Bloor, Chef Sarah Seo – “Crown Chowder” (Toronto, Ontario)
- Holts Cafe Yorkdale, Chef Adam Alguire – “Clam and Smoked Whitefish Chowder” (North York, Ontario)
- Pearl Diver, Chef Martin Zechel – “Pearly Chowder” (Toronto, Ontario)
- Pier 87, Chef Kim – “Fresh from the Pier Chowder” (Mississauga and Toronto, Ontario)
When: February 1 to 28, 2021
Where: Participating locations across Canada
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsored of the Ocean Wise National Chowder Chowdown Festival.