The most wonderful time of the year is back – and we’re making it even better with our annual 12 Days of Giveaways!
Most people are celebrating something festive over the next month, so whether you’re wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays, or even bah humbug, you’ll have something to cheer about.
Our inaugural 12 Days of Giveaways campaign was launched in 2010 as a way to give back to our readers, and since then we’ve continued to give more and more.
In 2010, we gave away $3,000 in prizes, by 2015 we had increased that to more than $20,000, and last year we hit $39,000. This year, we’ve raised the bar higher than ever before and are giving away more than FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS in prizes!
How it works
Starting on December 1, we’ll be launching a number of different contests each day. Every giveaway will run until 11:59 pm PT on December 17. Then in the days following, we’ll randomly draw names from all the entries to announce the winners in one major post on December 20.
There will be something for everyone to be won: snazzy shoes, coffee for a year, epic vacays, stellar staycations, an insane amount of food delivery, and so much more.
Some giveaways will be available to everyone reading Daily Hive, while others are for specific cities only, so make sure you know which city the contest is for.
What you need to do
Come back and visit the site daily from December 1 to 12. We’ll be updating this post each day with new contests, so bookmark it and come back to see what new giveaways we’ve launched. We’ll also be promoting the contest on Twitter (@DailyHiveTO) and Instagram (@DailyHiveToronto), so follow the hashtag #DH12Days to make sure you don’t miss a beat!
Each contest will have different entry methods across different social media channels, so be sure to read each one carefully.
The nitty gritty
The 12 Days of Giveaways will start on December 1, 2018. Contest winners will be announced on December 20. Open to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec. Maximum of one prize per person.
- $500 McDonald’s Canada gift card
- $500 credit for Lyft
- Fitbit package for you and a workout buddy ($1,600 value)
- $1000 credit for Canadian-based furniture company Kavuus
- A big tech bundle from TELUS ($1,200 value)
- $1,500 credit for Airbnb accommodation
- $500 gift card to Canadian-based luxury leather goods brand Poppy Barley
- The ultimate travel set package from Herschel Supply Co. ($1,200 value)
- $300 gift card to Cactus Club Cafe
- $1,000 credit to Canadian gift basket delivery site Baskits
- An diamond ring from Minichiello Jewellers ($1,100 value)
- A parka and gift card from Sport Chek ($750 value)
- Living room furniture from Muji Canada ($1,200 value)
- YYOGA prize pack for you and a friend ($600 value)
- Personal care package from Philips ($1,000 value)