Starting Monday, March 16, 26 schools in Seattle will begin serving lunch for all Seattle Public Schools students.
The lunch hours will run from Monday through Friday, 11 am to 1 pm and will remain open for the duration of the school closure during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dunlap Elementary School
- Emerson Elementary School
- Franklin High School
- Aki Kurose Middle School
- Mercer Middle School
- Rainier Beach High School
- Rainier View Elementary School
- Rising Star @ African American Academy
- Concord International Elementary School
- Denny International Middle School
- Chief Sealth International High School
- West Seattle Elementary School
- West Seattle High School
- Lowell Elementary School
- Bailey Gatzert Elementary School
- Thurgood Marshall Elementary School
- Meany Middle School
- Seattle World School
- Catharine Blaine K-8
- McClure Middle School
- Eckstein Middle School
- Nathan Hale High School
- Olympic Hills Elementary
- Ballard High School
- Broadview-Thomson K-8
- Robert Eagle Staff Middle School
Governor Jay Inslee said on Thursday that all public and private K-12 schools in King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties will close until April 24.
“We do not take these decisions lightly and I am fully aware of the various impacts this has on families and communities,” Inslee said during a press conference in Olympia. “Today’s decision has a full range of implications from learning plans and childcare, to free and reduced-price breakfast and lunch, just to name a few.
“I anticipate this will cause ripple effects throughout our state. But we can’t afford not to do it. We must ensure that we slow the spread of this virus.”