Grab your apron, laptop, and favorite glass of wine, because Chef Box Live is coming to a kitchen near you.
After years of working together, Chef Matt Lewis of Where Ya At Matt food truck and Sam Minkoff and Cassie Hendrickson from Sound Excursions have joined together to create Chef Box Live: “an exciting lineup of local cooking, cocktail and crafting experiences.”
With top local chefs and bartenders guiding the way, you’ll be able to experience interactive livestream classes such as pasta making with Chef Sabrina Tinsley of Osteria la Spiga to a craft cocktail experience with Erik Hakkinen of Roquette and an evening in the Mediterranean with renowned Seattle Chef Zoi Antonitsas.
- See also:
“People are really missing the experience of discovering a new favorite restaurant or dish. Similarly, chef’s feel the need to share their creative outlet and watch people enjoy that perfect bite,” said Chef Matt Lewis. “This platform gives both sides of the screen something to look forward to.”
Instead of just a video to be played, guests will enjoy an interactive experience being able to ask questions and hear a response in real-time.
Each class will support chefs and restaurants as they navigate the pandemic world. Here is the upcoming class lineup:
- August 7 – Fun With Rum with Roquette’s Erik Hakkinen
- August 8 – Paint & Sip at home with Seattle artist Gabrielle Abbott (Mandalas)
- August 8 – Pasta Making with Chef Sabrina Tinsley of Osteria la Spiga (Tortelli di Spinaci al Burro e Salvia)
- August 15 – Terrariums & Tequila with el Jimador
- August 15 – Sri Lankan Supper with Chef Liz Kenyon of Rupee Bar (Bhel Puri, Turmeric Curry & Black Cod)
- August 16 – Creole Jambalaya with Chef Matt Lewis of Where Ya At Matt
- August 22 – Discovery Bay Clams & Oysters with Johnson & Gunstone Shellfish (oyster shucking demonstration, mignonette, fresh clam pasta)
- August 22 – An Evening in the Mediterranean with Chef Zoi Antonitsas (roasted salmon filet, flatbread, tzatziki)
- August 28 – Colorful plant-dyed pasta art with Salty Seattle’s Linda Miller Nicholson
- August 29 – Paella Party with Chef Manu Alfau of Eat With Manu
- August 29 – Derby at Home with Woodford Reserve (hat making and more!)
- August 30 – The Brunch Box: Eggs Benedict with Chef Matt Lewis of Where Ya At Matt
- August 30 – Shrimp & Grits with Chef Matt Lewis of Where Ya At Matt
Each guest will receive a custom event kit delivered straight to their doorstep. Each kit will come with all of the ingredients or elements needed for that experience aside from basic pantry items.
Those interested in making a reservation can do so online.