Whistler Village Beer Festival Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Whistler Village Beer Festival Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Tourism Whistler, located at 4010 Whistler Way, Whistler, B.C. V0N 1B4 (the “Sponsor”). There is one (1) Grand Prize to be awarded. Chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Who Can Enter:
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province, state or country of residence or older at the time of entry with the exception of residents of Québec.
- The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, and is void where prohibited.
- Employees of the Sponsor or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- The Contest is open from August 23, 2018 at 7:00 am Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) to Sunday, September 11, 2018, at 2:00 pm PST (the “Contest Period”).
How To Enter:
- One Ways to Enter:
- Eligible entrants may visit http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/tourism-whistler-village-beer-festival-2018-trip (the “Site”) during the Contest Period and register for the Contest. Registration is free. To register eligible entrants must provide their first name, last name, email address, telephone number, country and state/province of residence. Once registered, eligible entrants will receive one entry into the random drawing of the Grand Prize.
- Limit of one (1) entry per person per registration during the Contest Period.
- Any use of an electronic device to enhance or alter entrants’ odds of winning will count as a fraudulent entry. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
- All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Receipt of entries for the random draw will not be acknowledged, and proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to delete any entries or remove participants that are in violation of the Official Rules.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Grand Prize Draw:
- A random draw will be conducted on or about Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 2:00 PM PST the administration office of the Sponsor to select one (1) winner of all eligible entries received. Chances of winning the random draw depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Following the draw for the Grand Prize, the selected entrants will be contacted by email address or telephone number provided.
- In order to be verified the Grand Prize winner, the selected entrant must:
- Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within five (1) days of transmission;
- Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- Sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the Official Rules;
- releases and discharges the Sponsor; and
- Consent to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of the Sponsor of the winner’s name and/or photograph and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements contained in these Official Rules, the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected and the initially selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards the Sponsor or anyone involved in the Contest.
- Return of any prize notification email as “undeliverable” may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
The Grand Prize:
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is for one (1) winner and one (1) travel companion and will consist of the following:
- Four (4) nights’ accommodation in a dual occupancy room or suite in Whistler, BC;
- Roundtrip flights from Vancouver to Whistler for two (2) adults courtesy of Harbour Air;
- Two (2) Weekender Passes to Whistler Village Beer Festival, which includes:
- Two (2) tickets to Master Crafters: Fruit Fight event on Friday night;
- Express entry for two (2) to both Saturday and Sunday Main Events;
- 10 beer tokens for two (2) upon entry each day of Main Event;
- Two (2) official WVBF Snapbacks;
- Two (2) vouchers for lunch on-site provided by Grimm’s Fine Foods BBQ.
- Two (2) tickets to Vallea Lumina;
- Two (2) Blackcomb Glacier Jeep Safari’s courtesy of Canadian Wilderness Adventures;
- Craft beer experience for two (2) adults courtesy of Coast Mountain Brewing;
- One (1) $100 dining gift certificate courtesy The Brickworks Public House.
The approximate retail value is One Thousand Five Hundred and Ninety-Six Dollars (CAD$1,967)
- The winner must be able to redeem the Grand Prize between September 13 – 17, 2018. If the winner is not able to redeem the Grand Prize during this time the prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize will be awarded.
- Flights with Harbour Air have been booked departing Vancouver to Whistler on Thursday, September 13, 2018, at 11:40 am and departing Whistler to Vancouver at 12:45 pm on Monday, September 17, 2018. Changes to flight can be made up to 24 hours in advance and are based on availability.
- Any expenses not specifically mentioned above as part of the Grand Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize does not include any expenses related to meals, pre- and post-travel arrangements, hotel incidentals (phone, laundry, spa treatments, etc.), gratuities, or any applicable taxes, which are the sole responsibility of the winner. Accommodation and activities are subject to availability, weather conditions and operating times of each activity provider. Some activities may require specific physical capabilities to participate. All components of the prize must be taken together. Any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted or redeemed by a winner will be forfeited and is non-transferable and not for re-sale.
- Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. Winner and travel companions must both be 19 years of age or older at the time of travel. Winner and travel companion are responsible for all necessary travel documents.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes in whole or in part with a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
- All elements of the Grand Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not for re-sale and non-refundable. The Grand Prize winner is not entitled to receive any payment for any possible difference between the actual value of the Grand Prizes and their estimated values. Grand Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Grand Prizes will be allowed.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local/municipal laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- The Sponsor will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest registrations, regardless of the cause, including, but not limited to, failure of the Site;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification;
- any changes in email addresses after Contest registrations are submitted; and
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Sponsor, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- Should tax liability arise, then it will be the responsibility of the winner to notify their own Government’s relevant tax department. The Sponsor takes no responsibility or liability for taxation or for any other costs incurred in connection with the prizes received in this Contest.
- Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.