St. Jean Baptiste day is almost here! In order to plan out what is sure to be one of the best days of the summer, it’s essential to know what’s open and what’s closed in Montreal.
For instance, celebrating Quebec’s biggest day without the right accessories wouldn’t be fun right? So if you’re planning on attending Le Grand Spectacle or the annual St. Jean Baptiste Day parade, it’s probably best to make a quick pit stop at a Dollarama on your way home from work on the 23rd.
So check out this official list of what’s open and closed on June 24 to help you plan your Friday out!
The bad news:
- All banks will be closed
- All federal and provincial government offices will be closed
- Most retail stores and malls will be closed (with the exception of smaller stores)
- All post offices will be closed
- All SAQ liquor stores will be closed
- All grocery stores larger than 375 square meters will be closed
The good news:
- Most restaurants will remain open
- The Biodome, the Botanical Gardens, and the Science Centre will remain open
- Garbage pickup will mostly continue as normal
- Most movie theatres will remain open
- STM buses and metros will run on a special holiday schedule
- The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts will remain open
- Outdoor markets, including Atwater Market, Jean-Talon Market, and Maisonneuve Market will remain open
Now that you know what you’ll have access to on Friday, be sure to plan accordingly (in other words, buy your vino on Thursday).