Chefs from Toronto and Montreal will meet in between the two cities for an exhibition hockey game this January.
Now in its second year, The Drake Barn Burner Hockey Game + Dinner takes place on January 27 in Prince Edward County and will see all-star chefs face off at Essroc Arena (AKA Duke Dome), in support of Community Food Centres Canada, and The StoreHouse Food Bank which will benefit from the proceeds of game ticket sales.
On the Toronto Grinders roster:
- Ted Corrado, The Drake
- Bertrand Alépée, The Tempered Room
- Chris Brown, Citizen Catering
- Silvio Castenheira, Canoe
- Jeremy Charles, Raymonds
- Nick Chen-Yin, Smoke Signals Bar-B-Q
- Adam D’Intino, Dillon’s Small Batch Distillers
- Geoff Dillon, Dillon’s Small Batch Distillers
- Dylan Guy
- John Horne, Oliver & Bonacini
- Hayden Johnston, West Side Beef
- Etienne Lemieux
- Afrim Pristine, Cheese Boutique
- Fatos Pristine, Cheese Boutique
- Chris Simpson, The Drake
On the Montreal Mashers roster:
- Victor Afonzo, Tapeo
- Pascal Arsenault
- Derek Dammann, Maison Publique
- Eric Deguire
- Gilles Desrochers
- Alex Landry, Landry & Filles
- Mitch Laughren, Le Bremner
- Paolo Macchi, Macchi Inc.
- Ray Manus, Le Club Chasse et Pêche
- Danny Smiles, Le Bremner
- Anthony Walsh, Oliver & Bonacini
Torontonians can even hitch a ride to the game on the Barn Burner bus departing from The Drake Hotel at 10:30 am and returning by 8 pm.
Those that don’t mind missing the bus home, can stay for dinner at The Drake Devonshire. The post-game feast ($150) will feature chef stations, passed apps, and bevies by Ungava Gin, Chic Choc rum, and Goose Island beers.
The Drake Barn Burner Hockey Game
When: January 27, 2018
Where: Essroc Arena, 111 Belleville Street, Wellington, Ontario
Price: General admission is $25, free for kids under 12; Add $25 with the bus ride to and from Toronto to Wellington.