St. Jean Baptiste day is almost here so it’s time to start planning what is sure to be one of the best weekends of the summer! To do that, it’s important to know what’s open and closed over this provincial holiday in Montreal.
For most businesses, the holiday falls to the Friday (June 23rd) as it officially takes place on the Saturday this year. Check out a complete list of what’s open and closed on Saint Jean Baptiste Day 2017 in Montreal.
The bad news:
- All banks will be closed
- All federal and provincial government offices will be closed
- Most retail stores and malls will be closed (with the exception of smaller stores)
- All post offices will be closed
- All SAQ liquor stores will be closed
- All grocery stores larger than 375 square meters will be closed
The good news:
- Most restaurants will remain open
- Some depanneurs will remain open
- Some pharmacies will remain open, especially larger chains like Jean Coutu and Pharmaprix
- The Biodome, the Botanical Garden, and the Montreal Science Centre will remain open
- Garbage and recycling pickup will mostly continue as normal, call 311 if you have any questions or concerns
- Most movie theatres will remain open
- Montreal museums such as the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, the McCord Museum, and Pointe-A-Calliere will remain open
- Farmers’ markets, including Atwater Market, Jean-Talon Market, and Maisonneuve Market will remain open
- Public transit will remain in operation, though it will be operating on a weekend schedule
Happy Fete Nationale, Montreal!