Continuing their tradition from New York, Paris and Tokyo, coupled with the success of last year’s music school, the Red Bull Music Festival is coming to Montreal for the first time, next week.
According to the energy drink’s website, the festival aims to offer diverse programming, unique shows and live performances in unconventional venues across the city.
The Red Bull Music Festival’s first trip to Montreal will bring world premiers and performances by today’s forward-looking musicians and contributors.
Headliners for the week-long bash include:
- September 19: TRIPTYQUE featuring Kara-Lis Coverdale, Alex Zhang Hungtai and Sarah Davachi
- September 21: 10 Years of Arbutus Records
- September 22: Ryan Hemsworth – The debut of his new album
- September 25: 463 Carats – A cabaret night featuring Montreal’s new emerging R&B talent
- September 26: Oneohtrix Point Never – Canadian debut of Myriad
- September 27: Sophie presenting with Pop Montreal
Other featured Canadian talent includes performances byBlue Hawaii, Project Pablo, Gene Tellem, TOPS, Sorry Girls, Moon King, She-Devils, Paradis Artificiel, Casey MQ and more.
Visit the Red Bull Music Festival website for a full list of musical acts and performances.
The festival will be hosted at various venues around Montreal including Monument National, Église le Gesù, Le Balcon, Centre Phi and outdoors at 1499 Rue William.
Red Bull Music Festival
When: September 19-27
Time: Various times
Where: Various venues around Montreal
Price: $10 – $25