This weekend, you’d best get out and explore some of Quebec’s national parks.
As part of Sépaq’s Québec National Parks Day, 22 of the province’s national parks will be open to the public free of charge.
Sépaq, the Société des établissements de plein air du Québec, is the agency of the Government of Quebec that manages parks and wildlife reserves.
- You can fly from Montreal to Indonesia for $600 return this year
- A fireball lit up the sky over Alberta on Sunday morning (VIDEOS)
- Over 1,000 flights cancelled as Hurricane Dorian continues to cause havoc
Equipment rentals, hot chocolate, marshmallows and rest areas (including fire pits) are located on site.
“Québec’s national parks are opening their doors throughout the province,” reads the Sépaq website. “Lace up your sneakers and spend a day to remember in nature’s midst. This is a perfect opportunity to get together with your family and friends and enjoy memorable moments at the heart of some magnificent natural sites.”
The following national parks are participating in this weekend’s ‘free admission’ day. Each establishment offers varying activities that guests can purchase at their own expense once inside the park.
- Parc national de l’Île-Bonaventure-et-du-Rocher-Percé
- Parc national de la Gaspésie
- Parc national de Miguasha
- Parc national du Bic
- Parc national du Lac-Témiscouata
- Parc national du Fjord-du-Saguenay
- Parc national des Monts-Valin
- Parc national de la Pointe-Taillon
- Parc national des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie
- Parc national des Grands-Jardins
- Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier
- Parc national d’Aiguebelle
- Parc national d’Opémican
- Parc national du Mont-Tremblant
- Parc national d’Oka
- Parc national des Îles-de-Boucherville
- Parc national du Mont-Saint-Bruno
- Parc national de la Yamaska
- Parc national du Mont-Orford
- Parc national du Mont-Mégantic
- Parc national de Frontenac
Visit the Sépaq website and click on your desired location (on the map) for a full list of opening hours, activities, and directions per site.