Priority groups of Quebecers are ready to receive the province’s first round of COVID-19 vaccinations as of Monday (December 21) across 21 sites throughout Quebec.
The new vaccination clinics will be in addition to the two sites that opened this past week at two long-term care homes (CHSLDs) in Quebec City and Montreal.
Quebec’s Health Minister Christian Dubé made the announcement on Thursday and specified that the 21 clinics will open at long-term care homes and hospitals.
- See also:
On Thursday, Santé Quebec reported over 1,000 virus-related hospitalizations for the first time since early June.
Dubé says the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccinations will take place on December 21, 28, and January 4. Vaccinations will be reserved for the “priority population” citing elders and vulnerable people as the top priority. The health minister says these people are being contacted by health officials.
Public health says 969 Quebecers were vaccinated against the coronavirus on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 2,582. Health officials expect 4,875 doses to be administered by December 20.
Quebec plans to vaccinate 650,000 people by April 1, 2021.
The list of Quebec COVID-19 vaccine sites, as of December 21, is as follows:
- CHG Maimonides
- CHSLD Hôpital Sainte-Anne
- CHSLD Jeanne Le Ber
- CHSLD Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci
- CHSLD Saint-Henri
- Centre d’hébergement Saint-Antoine
- CHSLD de Rimouski
- Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec
- Cité-de-la-Santé Hopsital
- Centre hospitalier régional de Lanaudière (Saint-Charles-Borromée)
- Clinique désignée de dépistage (Boisbriand)
- Société d’agriculture de Saint-Hyacinthe, Pavillon la COOP
- Clinique de vaccination Quartier Dix30
- Centre de foires de Sherbrooke
- CHSLD de la Colline
- Centre multiservices de santé et de services sociaux Cloutier
- Centre communautaire Drummondville-Sud
- CHSLD Lionel-Émond
- CHSLD Pie-XII
- Hôpital de Sept-Îles
- CHSLD New Carlisle
- CLSC-CHSLD Paul-Gilbert
- Hôpital de Saint-Georges
Total coronavirus cases in the province have now reached 171,028, along with 7,635 deaths.