Get ready to see many more new murals around Montreal.
The City announced yesterday that it would be funding $291,094 for 17 murals in ten different locations throughout the year.
The following organizations have and will be working on new murals across the city:
- Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Community Council
- International Convention on Urban Culture
- Stairs Youth House
- Crime Prevention Ahuntsic- Cartierville
- SPDAC Inc / Montreal Arts Festival
- Rosemont Environmental Development Corporation (Soder)
- Montreal Eco-Citizenship Society
- Hochelaga-Maisonneuve Neighborhood Table
“I congratulate all the organizations that have been selected as part of the Tier 2 tender in our mural art program and I thank them for providing our communities with their talent and expertise,” said Jean-François Parenteau, executive committee member responsible for citizen services, procurement, and the environment, in a release.
“I cannot wait to discover their original works that will delight the residents of the area. What a beautiful way to make culture accessible to everyone! I am convinced that the production and distribution of these new murals will make us want to take even greater care of our environment.”
The City launched the mural program in 2016. Phase one of the project focuses on the production of high-visibility artwork across the city. Phase two focuses on the creation of neighbourhood murals.