The warning states that heavy rain is expected and that a downpour between 25 and 35 millimetres is possible.
Some areas north of the St. Lawrence River could see anywhere from 50 to 80 millimetres of rain.
Over Central and Eastern Quebec, the changeover from freezing rain to rainfall will occur near midday.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Localized flooding in low-lying areas is also possible.
The warning is in effect for the following area:
- Châteauguay – La Prairie area
- Longueuil – Varennes area
- Montreal Island area
Environment Canada urges citizens to monitor weather alerts and updates and to be safe and diligent when travelling outside.
- Mother Nature lies: Winter only ‘officially’ starts tomorrow
- The Champlain Bridge officially has a new name
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Montreal
- Montreal unlikely to have a white Christmas this year