Montreal’s McGill University placed 42 in the 2018 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The ranking, released on September 5, also features the University of Toronto and the University of British Columbia, which placed 22nd and 34th respectively.
The report lists the top 1,000 universities in the world and claims to be the “only global university performance table to judge research-intensive universities across all of their core missions: teaching, research, knowledge transfer, and international outlook.”
England’s University of Oxford placed first on the list for the second year in a row, while the US is home to 5 of the top 10 universities in 2018.
The world’s top 10 universities according to Times:
1. University of Oxford, UK
2. University of Cambridge, UK
3. California Institute of Technology, US
3. Stanford University, US
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US
6. Harvard University, US
7. Princeton University, US
8. Imperial College London, UK
9. University of Chicago, US
10. ETAH Zurich- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland