Stores within the Loblaw family, including Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Real Canadian Superstore, and others, will soon begin to reintroduce more services.
“In the coming days and weeks,” Executive Chairman of Loblaw Companies Ltd. Galen Weston said that customers will start to see “positive changes” in stores, including:
- Reopening of supermarket service counters in meat, seafood, and bakery
- Reopening of beauty departments at Shoppers Drug Mart
- Reopening of President’s Choice Financial pavilions and Mobile Shops
- Next-day pick-up at PC Express and the reintroduction of fees for some of
the most popular slots
- Once again accepting product returns
- Selling lottery tickets
- Returning to regular store hours
“Each of these changes reflect the encouraging prospect of our country slowly reopening,” Weston says. “But it’s also important to know everything won’t be quite the same as it was.”
Stores, Weston said, will continue to prioritize the health and safety of employees and customers. Expanded services will come back slowly and carefully, one store at a time. The enhanced sanitization, plexiglass shields, and capacity limits set over the last couple months will remain in place, and physical distancing measures will continue to be taken.
Additionally, seniors and healthcare workers will still have priority access to Loblaw supermarkets.