First things first, we can’t guarantee there’s a cupboard under the stairs where you can unknowingly raise the most important wizard of our time.
There is, however, a trampoline. So it pretty much evens out.
- Could there be a Harry Potter version of the Pokemon GO app just around the corner?
- Here's what $448,000 can buy you in each Vancouver neighbourhood (PHOTOS)
- This is how much it currently costs to rent a 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartment in Toronto
It seems that the real world 4 Privet Drive that haunted Harry’s childhood is actually located in the town of Bracknell in Berkshire, England. About an hour west of London.
Oh, and it’ll cost you muggles £475,000 if you expect to move in. Or just over $810,000 CAD.
It’s been modernized since Harry left, though. (To be clear, the house was only used for in the first film, after which the movie studio built a duplicate set.) According to the listing, you’ll find:
- Refitted Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Living Room With Door To Garden
- Three Bedrooms – Family Bathroom – Cloakroom
- En-Suite To Master Bedroom
- New Driveway – Garage With New Door
- South Facing Landscaped Rear Garden With Large Patio
- Upgraded House Alarm System
- Many Improvements Throughout
- Convenient For Martins Heron Station & Local Amenities
- Good Access to M3/M4 and A329
But let’s be honest, you’re not dropping more than $800k for a south facing landscaped rear garden with patio in Bracknell, Berkshire ’cause you think it’s a sound investment.
You’re doing it to be part of the Potter universe. To hold dinner parties, host tours, act like a Dursley, and tweet aggressively at J.K. Rowling (which you already do, but now you’ll do so with the expectation of hearing back).
So step inside, and see if this little piece of Privet(cy) isn’t just perfect for you.