Grill Saint Laurent is the Inception of festivals – a festival within a festival.
The city of Montreal is oozing with events in the summer, so much so that they have started fusing some of them into each other.
With Saint Laurent’s Mural Fest in full swing, Grill Saint Laurent will be joining the party on The Main and start cooking up some serious food in an epic culinary competition.
Nine different restaurants from Boulevard Saint Laurent will set up food outlets on the Mural Fest grounds, each offering a signature dish.
- La Toshka’s California Chicken Sandwich
- L’Gros Luxe’s Southern Style Ribs Burger
- McKibbin’s Irish Pub’s Corned Beef Burger
- Big in Japan’s Citronella Grilled Chicken
- Agrikol’s Caribbean Chicken
- The Main Deli Steak House’s Grilled Chicken Pita
- Monk Society’s No Sins Burgers
- Poulet 3 Pattes’s Portuguese Chicken Burger
- Café Melbourne’s Brisket Cone
The best meal will be elected by three local judges and the winning restaurant will receive a $1000 cash prize. The competition’s tasty jury will be comprised of:
- Na’eem from GOLO, La Poutine Week, and Le Burger Week
- Elise Tastet from Tastet
- Eric Dupuis from Bar Henrietta, Taverne Square Dominion, and Balsam Inn
Grill Saint Laurent’s site will feature DJs, picnic tables, and a bar kiosks.
One ticket, valid for one meal, will be $6 and 4 tickets go for $20. Anyone who can show proof that they have downloaded the Godo app will get a ticket for a free meal at the event.
Like in previous years, the two-day festival will be set up in the parking lot next to the Station 16 Art Gallery on Saint Laurent Boulevard amidst traffic from Mural Fest and the Fringe Festival.
The festival within a festival cooks off on June 13.
When: June 13 and June 14
Time: 11 am – 9 pm
Where: 3527 Boulevard Saint Laurent
Price: $6 per food voucher/$20 for 4
- Chef, author, TV personality Anthony Bourdain dead at 61
- Montreal will host a massive Asian food night market this summer
- Montreal announces new details for this summer's Taco Festival