Books, magazines, movies, and now musical instruments.
The Montreal Public Library has just announced their new borrow a musical instrument program, meaning you can now play an instrument at no cost!
Available at select branches of the Montreal Public Library, now the public can sign out musical instruments from the library, and thanks to the Sun Life Financial Musical Instruments loan program, it’s completely free!
Instruments include guitars, basses, violins, keyboards, ukuleles, drums, and xylophones.
Rules include that the borrower must be over 14 years of age, only one musical instrument can be taken out at a time, and musical instruments must be returned to the same library they were borrowed from.
Currently, there are eight libraries participating in this program:
- Bibliothèque Du Boisé au 2727, boul. Thimens
- Bibliothèque Georges-Vanier au 2450, rue Workman
- Bibliothèque de La Petite-Patrie au 6707, avenue De Lorimier
- Bibliothèque de la Maison culturelle et communautaire de
- Montréal-Nord au 12002, boulevard Rolland
- Bibliothèque du Plateau-Mont- Royal au 465, avenue du Mont-Royal Est
- Bibliothèque Saint-Léonard au 8420, boul. Lacordaire
- Bibliothèque de Saul-Bellow au 3100, rue Saint-Antoine
- Bibliothèque de Verdun au 5955, rue Bannantyne
For more information, click here.