BIXI Bike docking stations have been popping up around the city lately as the beginning of another public bike sharing system is near.
The company used its social media channels last week to announce the start date of the 2019 campaign, the sixth consecutive season of the popular city-wide bike program.
- New car seat regulations come into effect in Quebec on April 18
- A new bike and scooter sharing service is coming to Montreal this summer
- Parking ticket prices set to increase by 26% in Montreal
- Construction is shutting down this Montreal metro station for 2 weekends
The program will run 24 hours a day, seven days a week, starting April 15 all the way through until November.
BIXI, who will be facing competition this year through the new, Uber-owned, JUMP program of electric bicycles and scooters, also announced pricing for the 2019 season, including promo rates.
Short access to the program is available starting at:
- $2.95 for one trip of 30 minutes or less
- $5.25 to access a Bixi for 24 hours
- $15 for an unlimited 72 hour period
- $25 for 10 trips of 30 minutes or less
Riders can also purchase long-term subscriptions:
- $34 for a 30-day trial membership.
- $57 for a 90-day membership (perfect for summertime cycling)
- $84 for a full year membership
The BIXI network has 6,200 bikes and 540 stations spread out across Montreal, Longueuil and Westmount. You can find a map of all functional Bixi stations here.