In the past, staycations were perhaps reserved for special occasions or when loved ones visited from out of town.
However, as we navigate the COVID-19 crisis this year, there are more reasons than ever to explore closer to home. BC is working to flatten the curve and move through its restart plan, and this means locals can safely pursue travel within the province again.
Vancouver’s North Shore is inviting visitors to return and enjoy everything the picturesque destination has to offer. To inspire summer travel, locals and BC visitors can now get a free adventure experience when they book a stay at a participating hotel on the North Shore.
Travelling during this time of uncertainty can make anyone feel somewhat apprehensive. It’s important to remember that local businesses, from activity providers, to restaurant and store owners, are all implementing provincially-approved guidelines to help keep visitors safe.
The providers of the following adventure experiences — which locals can choose from with a North Shore hotel stay — continue to ramp up safety measures and maintain strict guidelines around physical distancing. That being said, anyone who could use a mini getaway in North Vancouver can choose from these free additional activity deals:
- Grouse Mountain Package: Two free Adult Tickets to Grouse Mountain ($118 value) OR free Family Tickets to Grouse Mountain (two adults/two kids)
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park Package: Two free Adult Tickets to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park ($110 value)
- Deep Cove Explorer Kayaking Package: Free three-hour Deep Cove Explorer Kayaking Guided Tour with Deep Cove Kayak for two people ($178 value)
- Mountain Biking Package: Four-hour rental of hardtail mountain bikes for two with insurance from Endless Biking ($90 value) OR $100 to be used towards mountain biking rentals, guided tours, or lessons with Endless Biking
- E-Bike Rental Package: Free half-day E-Bike Rental for two from Reckless Biking valued at $110
- Shopping Package: $50 Lonsdale Quay Market gift card
It’s recommended that guests call activity providers before their visit to check if they need to reserve timeslots because group sizes may be modified due to limited space. Guests may also be required to bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE) with them.
The hotels participating in this exclusive promotion include Lonsdale Quay Hotel, Holiday Inn & Suites North Vancouver, and the Pinnacle at the Pier. Each hotel is taking additional precautions to ensure guest safety with the highest standard of cleanliness and care.
This includes the frequent sanitization of touchpoints in public areas, deep cleaning of guest rooms, and new hygiene practices for all staff. Upon checking in at any of the three hotels, guests will receive a Welcome Safety Pack, including a Vancouver’s North Shore drawstring bag, two masks, and Purell hand sanitizer.
As things can change quickly during a pandemic, participating hotels are offering flexible cancellation policies. Those who have made a reservation can cancel their booking up to 24 hours prior to check-in for a full refund.
It’s possible to experience a blissful local getaway — with the perfect balance of fun-loving adventure — safely and responsibly this summer. Plus, the North Shore is just a short 12-minute SeaBus ride from downtown Vancouver, making it easy to go from wild adventure to cosmopolitan neighbourhoods and back again.
To find out more about the adventure package deals on offer on the beautiful North Shore, visit vancouversnorthshore.com. With a staycation date in mind, head to Lonsdale Quay Hotel, Holiday Inn & Suites North Vancouver, or the Pinnacle at the Pier websites. Make a reservation by August 30 for stays through September 15 to avail of the promotional offer.