As recommended by health officials, if you choose to participate in events outside of your home, please adhere to COVID-19 health and safety measures, including proper physical distancing, mask-wearing, and frequent handwashing. If you are sick, please stay home.
Nothing pairs better than a treat and a warm drink in the cold weather, and bonus points if your winter snack comes from a local food festival!
Old Strathcona is bringing the perfect winter food event to Edmonton with their Sweet Treats & Latte Festival, starting this weekend and running until March 14.
Beginning February 13, Edmontonians can enjoy feature treats and hot beverages created especially for the festival at 13 different coffee shops, bakeries, and restaurants.
Feature items cost approximately $5 each, and make a huge difference in supporting your favourite local cafes.
- See also:
Be sure to admire the packaging as well – each purchase comes with a limited-edition illustrated coffee sleeve or sticker celebrating winter city coffee breaks, designed by Old Strathcona’s own Curio Studio.
The food festival has a grab-and-go model in place, letting you pick up your treat and drink before heading out for a walk on Whyte Avenue.
Winter lights are still up in McIntyre Park, and Ice on Whyte begins this weekend as well, so there’s lots to see outdoors while enjoying your snack and staying safe.
Support your current go-to spot or find a new local favourite at one of the 13 locations participating in the Sweet Treats & Lattes Festival:
- Flirt Cupcakes – red velvet Oreo cupcake (10158 82nd Avenue)
- The Hexagon Board Game Café – Turtles Turtles Turtles hot chocolate (10750 82nd Avenue)
- La Bosco Bakery & Café – green tea latte (10413 79th Avenue)
- La Boule Bakery – raspberry eclair (8020 101st Street)
- Ohana Donuterie – chocolate strawberry donut (10347 80th Avenue)
- Overflow Whyte – fireball latte (8135 102nd Street)
- Palette Café – ginger snap cookies, spiced mocha (10047 80th Avenue)
- Rooster Kitchen – hibiscus latte, vanilla matcha latte (10732 82nd Avenue)
- Whimsical Cake Studio – sea salt caramels (8211 102nd Street)
- The Woodrack Café – lavender latte (10335 83rd Avenue)
- Under the High Wheel – pecan pie square (8135 102nd Street)
- Yelo’d – hot ice cream (10150A 82nd Avenue)
- Roasti Coffee Co. (opening late February) – coffee blossom honey latte (10546 82nd Avenue)
When: February 13 to March 14
Where: 13 locations in Edmonton’s Old Strathcona and Whyte Avenue district
Price: Varies by location, purchases are around $5 each