As Calgarians we are lucky to live so close to the great Rocky Mountains.
Whether you’re into hikes, or just want some great scenery and mountain air there is something for you in the Rockies.
To ensure you experience it all, we’ve created this epic list for you!
1. Stand where the eagles soar at Glacier Skywalk in Jasper
2. Take a ride aboard the Rocky Mountaineer
3. Spend a weekend living the houseboat life on the Shuswap
4. Pay a visit to the Wood Carver’s House in Radium, BC
5. Enjoy a cup of tea atop a mountain after a long hike at Lake Agnes Tea House
6. Try tandem paragliding over the beautiful Columbia Valley
7. Take a drive and see the sight on the Icefields Parkway
8. Enjoy a four course fondue dinner at the Banff Grizzly House
9. Ride the Kicking Horse River on a white water raft with Wet N’ Wild Adventures
Great day of recovery from a cold, rafting on the kicking horse River in the rain, almost freezing conditions in glacial cold water. Exhilarating! Canada. June 2016. #yoho #yohonationalpark #kickinghorse #canadianrockies #rockymountains #bestmountainartists #canada #kickinghorseriver #northamerica #alberta #rafting #whitewaterrafting #hydro #hydroguides #goldenbc #golden #igcanada #igerscanada
10. Dive into a piece of history at the Frank Slide Interpretive Centre.
11. Go skiing on the Blackcomb Glacier – open until mid July!
14. Bored of hiking mountains? Try cave touring under Grotto Mountain.
15. Dance the night away with Bigfoot at the Dancing Sasquatch in Banff
18. Ride the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain
19. Heading to Jasper instead? Check out the Jasper Skytram
21. Take a boat cruise across Lake Minnewanka
23. Rough it under the stars at one of the many back country campsites
24. Sip on a glass of wine at a beautiful vineyard in interior BC
25. Cliff jump at ‘Paradise’ in Nelson, BC
26. Fish for trout off the banks of a mountain river
27. Rent a canoe or stand-up board and spend the day on Barrier Lake in Kananaskis
28. Conquer a glacier in a massive all-terrain vehicle with Brewster Glacier Adventures
29. Explore BC’s second oldest provincial park that hosts the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies; Mount Robson Provincial Park
30. Spend the day tubing on Lake Okanagan.
31. Follow the trail to see waterfalls of Johnston Canyon and Ink Pots full of fresh water.
32. Soar down a Zipline system that descends down the mountainside.
33. Canoe across Emerald Lake.
We definitely missed a few great items to check off your bucket list – Comment below to add your favourites!