WE Day Alberta is coming to Calgary on Tuesday, October 27 to inspire and empower young people to change the world. WE Day is an initiative from Free The Children, a non-profit organization that celebrates youth who make a difference in their local and global communities.
Individuals are not able to purchase tickets to WE Day as each ticket is earned by taking one local and one global action through WE Schools, a year-long educational program that engages and empowers young people to become active citizens and compassionate leaders.
WE Day is a powerful, life-changing event that brings together tens of thousands of young people alongside celebrities and speakers to kick-start another year of change.
This year’s line-up of speakers, presenters and performers includes:
- The Band Perry – GRAMMY Award-winning country music group
- Marlee Matlin – Academy Award-winning actress and devoted social activist
- Henry Winkler – Actor, director, producer and author
- Kardinal Offishall – Award-winning rap artist, music producer and Free The Children ambassador
- SonReal – Canadian hip hop artist
- Francesco Yates – Canadian singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist
- Silken Laumann – Olympian, inspirational speaker, author and child advocate
- JRDN – Juno Award-winning artist and Free The Children ambassador
- Jessi Cruickshank – Host of Canada’s Smartest Person and etalk correspondent
- Spencer West – ME to WE motivational speaker, Free The Children ambassador and author
- Joseph Boyden – Novelist and short story writer
- Kenyan Boys Choir – Traditional African male choir who sang at the 2009 inauguration of President Obama
- Liz Trinnear – etalk reporter and host of Much
- Tyrone Edwards – Host of E! and Much
- Craig and Marc Kielburger – International activists and co-founders of WE Day
- Elliot Miville-Deschênes – Actor, singer and activist
- Alex Deans – Innovative youth artist, inventor and #ChangeAgents Ambassador
- illFX – Calgary-based dance and entertainment group
- Rameez Virji – Inventor, technology and physiology enthusiast and a recipient of Canada’s Top 20 Under 20
- Mackenzie Murphy – Anti-bullying and mental health advocate, Miss Teenage Airdrie 2015 and Miss Teen Alberta American Beauty 2016
Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE
When: Tuesday, October 27 at 9:30 a.m.