Summer is great — until you’re sitting at home in 34°C weather and a broken AC.
What better solution than jumping into a cool pool, or sliding down a seriously steep slide?
Here are the five best water parks in the province to visit this summer… so you don’t have to sweat away in your air-unconditioned house.
- What: Launch yourself down one of the 20 slides this water park has to offer, then take on the waves on the FlowRider! If you happened to forget your bathing suit there’s a zipline over the park that’s calling your name! This water park is located at the Edmonton Mall, so if you are doing some shopping and have the urge to jump in a pool, simply head over to World Water Park.
- Where: West Edmonton Mall 8882 170 Street NW, Alberta
- Tickets: Available online, $45
- What: Here’s the perfect place to make a splash and cool yourself off while getting your summer tan on… or a sunburn, but hopefully the former. Check out the 15-foot slide, climbing wall, trapeze swing, and monkey swing bars all right on the beautiful Sylvan Lake. This outdoor water park gives you the opportunity to test your athletic abilities.
- Where: Bay #1, 5100 Lakeshore Drive Sylvan Lake, Alberta
- Tickets: Available online, $17
- What: Nature lovers, this one’s for you. This outdoor river-fed water park is an amazing experience for those who love the great outdoors and aren’t huge fans of indoor pools. Rent a tube for five dollars or BYOT to float down the river! Take a break from all the fun and enjoy a picnic-table lunch with your family and friends.
- Where: 3800 River Bend Drive, Red Deer County, Alberta
- Tickets: Free admission, $5 to rent a tube
- What: Soak up the sun outdoors while hopping between two outdoor pools and a hot tub at this park. Challenge your body by swimming laps in the four-lane Jr. Olympic swimming pool at McKay Ranch.
- Where: Abbey Centre, Box 220, 4500 Womacks Road, Blackfalds, Alberta
- Admission: $9