Two men are facing 71 charges each relating to the theft of multiple purses throughout the city of Calgary.
The men allegedly had been stealing purses from parking lots as shoppers loaded items into their vehicles, snatching the purses from shopping carts or the front seats of unlocked vehicles.
- Jody Wilson-Raybould announces she will run as independent in federal election
- The Weather Network has released Canada's long-term summer forecast
- City ends street sweeping program with over 35,000 parking tickets written
A total of nine thefts are believed by police to have occurred between February 3 to March 8 by the same two men, as they are seen on CCTV footage allegedly making purchases with stolen credits cards shortly after the purses had gone missing.
The CPS release states that 38-year-old Steven Gillis and 29-year-old Scott Page have both been charged with two counts of robbery, seven counts of mischief, 31 counts of possession of stolen property, and 31 counts of use of stolen credit card.
These are the dates and locations of the purse thefts, according to the Calgary Police Service:
- Sunday, February 3, 2019, at Superstore, 5858 Signal Hill Centre SW
- Sunday, February 10, 2019, at Superstore, 5251 Country Hills Blvd. NW
- Monday, February 11, 2019, at Superstore, 5858 Signal Hill Centre SW
- Sunday, February 24, 2019, at Superstore, 20 Heritage Meadows Way SE
- Sunday, February 24, 2019, at Costco, 75 East Hills Blvd. SE
- Sunday, March 3, 2019, at Costco, 99 Heritage Gate SE
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019, at Superstore, 5858 Signal Hill Centre SW
- Thursday, March 7, 2019, at Superstore, 5251 Country Hills Blvd. NW
- Friday, March 8, 2019, at Costco, 75 East Hills Blvd. SE